Friday, May 4, 2012

The Art of Wild Abandonment Blog Hop


I've been taking an online class with Junelle Jacobsen, (oh, I'm in love with her little lambs!), called The Art of Wild Abandonment, through Christy Tomlinson's shop Scarlet Lime  (very dangerous place this shop is).  There's a  Facebook group where we've been chatting and posting our projects, and we decided to try a blog hop to see everyone's messy goodness!   I've been working lots of hours lately so I haven't completed as many projects as I would have liked, but these are the latest ones.

Be sure to click the tab at the top labeled, Art and Journals, for all the images.



We've been trading goodies, stamps, and bits of punchinella for weeks.  Then a set of clear stamps and a collaged card arrived in my mailbox unexpectedly.  Jodiann had found something she knew I couldn't do without, and had made this gorgeous card for me!  I had saved some other bits and pieces from notes she had sent, and this card was the inspiration for the first two pages in my art journal made from my old statistics textbook (hated that college class!).   A two-pager!


and a detail of the flowers and card from the right hand page:

And a couple of SheArt girls in progress

 I used a scoring board to pleat the paper for her skirt and had to do a running stitch at the waist to hold it

These are just the latest -- go to Art and Journals tab for the rest of them.

So now you'll continue on this little blog hop!
You should have arrived here from -- Julia Monroe  -- she does such beautiful work!

And you've heard me talk about my sweet friend, Jodiann!    Now you get to meet her at her blog -- Jodiann Cates

If you get lost, here's the full list --  Claire Smillie

10 comments:

  1. The detail and color in your backgrounds is gorgeous. Beautiful art!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great work! Love how you have pleated the girls skirt, such a clever idea!

    Claire Smillie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! Love the pleated skirt!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG Great tip on creating a Pleated skirt for my she art! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh that pleated skirt is genius! I am going to have to try that! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks great, I too like the pleated skirt, nice idea!

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh you go girl!! what a talented lady!! may I say your poppies are one of my all time fav's!!! those she art girls are wonderful, I really like how you scored the paper for the skirt, just blew me away!! Great blog thanks so much!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The art work is so soft and I too, love the poppies and darling pleated skirt. Very talented artist. Thanks for sharing. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful work, love the soft colours and style, and those roses are so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete